Saturday, July 21, 2012

Here is the challenge that I shared today on Cookin up Creations for our Christmas in July weekend crop.

Today it is all about backgrounds. There is so much that you can do from painting to misting, doilys, dry wall tape, punches and Serendipity. I am going to show you a couple of things with the last two.


On my first example I used the hexagon punch. It seems to be popping up all over our pages. There are so many fun designs you can do with this. It is all in the placement, horizontal, vertical, diagonal. place a few or a lot, you be the judge.




On my serendipity example, first I tore up the pattern paper




then I glues the pieces to a piece of cardstock



Then I used it on my layout





With this technique once you have your pieces glued down you can do all sorts of shapes, use your punches and punch whatever you desire, mount sections on colored cardstock, anything you prefer.

Last year I showed everyone how to use dry wall tape to make a background, for those that didn't get to see that here is my example







Come join us at http://www.cookinupcreations.com/ for more fun and great challenges.
Have fun creating! and Merry Christmas layouts to you!!

No comments: